Trump slams ‘vicious’ media after erroneous reports on WikiLeaks, Russia AFP AFP•December 9, 2017 US President Donald Trump being interviewed in January by CNN journalist Wolf Blitzer US President Donald Trump being interviewed in January by CNN journalist Wolf Blitzer (AFP Photo/Regine Mahaux) More Washington (AFP) – Donald Trump on Saturday renewed his onslaught against major US news networks, accusing them of launching a “vicious” assault on his presidency as he seized on a reporting error by CNN. In an early-morning tweet, the US president said “Fake News CNN made a vicious and purposeful mistake yesterday. They were caught red handed, just like lonely Brian Ross at ABC News.” Trump sounded the same anti-media narrative in a speech Friday in Florida when, pointing to a reporting error by ABC, he said, “Did you see all the corrections the media’s been making? They’ve been apologizing left and right.” The US president regularly rails against top news outlets, both broadcast networks and newspapers including the New York Times and the Washington Post. CNN reported early Friday that the president and son Donald Trump Jr. had received an email providing a web address and decryption key allowing access to hacked documents from the WikiLeaks site before such documents were publicly available. But the network’s timing was wrong, by a single digit. It soon posted a correction saying the information had been sent to the Trumps not on September 4, 2016, but on September 14 — a day after WikiLeaks made the documents public, a crucial difference. Trump tweeted Saturday: “Watch to see if @CNN fires those responsible, or was it just gross incompetence?” ABC, for its part, recently suspended investigative journalist Brian Ross for reporting erroneously that Trump had directed adviser Michael Flynn to make contact with Russia before the November election, when in fact the directive came afterward. In one tweet Saturday, Trump said Ross should “be immediately fired.” – Frequent targets – The WikiLeaks link sent to the Trumps — from a man identified by the Washington Post as Michael Erickson, head of an aviation firm — provided access to documents hacked from the Democratic National Committee, some of which were used during the Trump campaign to undercut Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. It has been reported earlier that Trump Jr. had contacts with WikiLeaks, the anti-secrecy group, during the campaign and that he met in June 2016 with Russians who said they had damaging information about Clinton. But CNN’s mistake Friday — as well as an error in June about a Trump aide, which prompted three CNN journalists to resign — has given the president an opening to blast the network, and the news media more broadly, as biased and lacking credibility. He has tweeted, or retweeted, a video showing him knocking down a wrestler representing “CNN,” and another showing a train smashing into a CNN logo. His barrage of attacks against the news media has brought complaints from media advocates and free-speech groups. It has also raised suggestions that Trump is attempting, as investigations probe further into his links to Russia, to preemptively discredit the purveyors of that news.
“#YaGunnersYa … ooh yaa! Proud to announce: I signed dat thing… 3 more years with Arsenal! Mesut Ozil finally announces new Arsenal deal with nod to former forward Theo Walcott
“It’s been one of the most important decisions of my footballing career and that’s why I had to think hard and talk with everyone who’s important to me.
“Good things take time! In the end I let my heart decide.
“As I always said, I feel at home here and I’m highly motivated to achieve big things in the next few years. Once a Gunner, always a Gunner!”
Transfer News LIVE updates: All the latest gossip from Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea Real Madrid, Barcelona, the Premier League, La Liga and more in the January window.
Thursday, January 25
5.30am: Man Utd have been handed a huge transfer boost after Real Madrid star Gareth Bale reportedly rejected an offer from Bayern Munich.
Jose Mourinho is a long-term admirer of Bale but faces strong competition.
Diario Gol claim that Bayern Munich proposed a €100m (£87m) offer for the former Southampton player.
It is thought that the Bundesliga giants see him as a replacement for ageing winger Arjen Robben.
But Bale has dismissed the idea of a move to Germany, stating that he will only leave the Bernabeu to join a Premier League club.
Diario Gol also report that Perez is considering using Bale as bait in an effort to tempt Harry Kane to Madrid.
4.30am: Southampton have agreed a club record £19.1m deal for Monaco striker Guido Carrillo.
Carrillo, 26, played under Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino at Estudiantes.
The Argentine has scored just five goals for Monaco this term and has never scored more than 14 in a season.
Saints upped their bid after an initial offer of £17.5m was rejected.
The fee eclipses the £18m the south coast side paid Juventus for midfielder Mario Lemina in the summer.
Saints – who made £75m selling Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool – are also in talks with Spartak Moscow over a swoop for £30m-rated Dutch winger Quincy Promes.
2.30am: BBC Sport pundit Jermaine Jenas has warned Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger not to let Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s reputation stop him from signing him.
He said: “I think if you go through Aubameyang’s figures and record of putting the ball into the back of the net he has probably been one of the best in the Bundesliga for a number of years and one of Dortmund’s better strikers during the time that he’s been there.
“It’s up to Arsene Wenger and Arsenal football club to try and tame that beast, it’s as simple as that.
“You come across there characters every now and again in the game.
“You can’t just not buy them on the basis of their character – it’s what makes them who they are.”
1.00am: Philippe Coutinho was told before he left Liverpool that Barcelona would sell Gerard Deulofeu.
Coutinho completed his dream move to Barcelona earlier this month for £142m following months of negotiations.
The Brazilian joined attackers Gerard Deulofeu, Ousmane Dembele and Paco Alcacer, along with nailed-on starters Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
And according to Spanish outlet Don Balon, Coutinho was told by his new manager Ernesto Valverde that the club plan to offload Deulofeu before the end of the January window.
Barca reportedly intend to sell Deulofeu to Serie A giants Napoli in order to secure Coutinho a place in the first team.
To check your admission status follow the procedure below:
1. Visit https://uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals
2. Select Admission Status Link
3. Enter your JAMB Registration Number and Click on Check Status Button
4. You’ll see a response whether you’ve been admitted or not.
Candidates offered admission are expected to pay a non-refundable Acceptance Fee of N25,000 Only.
Payment can be made online via https://www.uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals , then Select Pay Acceptance Link.
A North Korean nuclear researcher who tried to flee the country before being captured and sent home has killed himself.
The scientist was set to be interrogated about why he defected to China, but took poison and died just hours after being placed in solitary confinement, Radio Free Asia reported.
He was detained by police in China along with a group of other North Koreans on November 4, and was sent back on November 17, but new details about the case have emerged.
A source told Radio Free Asia: ‘He died before he could be questioned about the reasons for his escape, who had helped him, and what his route had been.
‘He must have been searched many times while being taken from China to Sinuiju, so it’s a mystery how he was able to conceal the poison he took.’
The man was identified by North Korean officials as Hyun Cheol Huh, aged in his early 50s. But doubt has been cast on whether this information was correct, as the state often uses fake names when referring to its prisoners.
He led a research team at the physics centre at the State Academy of Sciences in Pyongyang, but had been ‘showing signs of anxiety over his research projects’, the source said.
ABUJA (Sundiata Post) – In what appears to be a major diplomatic face-off over Nigeria’s vote at the United Nations last week against Jerusalem as Israeli capital, United States President Donald Trump has vowed to sink Nigeria and destroy it’s leadership, according to report by a Jewish newspaper.
Prior to the vote last two weeks,Trump had warned that America would deal with any country that voted against Jerusalem.
Nigeria was one of the many countries that voted against Jerusalem.
According to an Israeli newspaper Jews
News (jewsnews.co.il), Trump has threatened to impose sanctions on Nigeria in response to how Nigeria voted against Jerusalem at the UN meeting.
In a report published on Monday entitled: ‘SO IT BEGINS: Trump MAJORLY Sanctions Nigeria Over Vote Against Jerusalem – WHO IS NEXT?’ the paper said: “The US president’s remarks were followed by a Statement pointing clear that Nigeria vote against Jerusalem makes her a threat to peace ,
“Trump said in a tweet he had spoken with the Chinese leader, Xi Jinping, about ‘the provocative actions of Nigeria’, and promised: ‘Additional major sanctions will be imposed on Nigeria today . This situation will be handled!’
“In remarks later on Friday at a public event in Missouri, Trump departed from a speech about tax cuts to aim a barb at the Nigeria leader, Muhammadu Buhari, who he has previously referred to as ‘A Senseless Man’. ‘Senseless man, he is a sick puppy,’ the president said.
“Later Thursday, at the UN, Trump said if war comes as a result of further acts of ‘aggression and Nigeria voting against Jerusalem’ ‘make no mistake the Nigeria regime will be utterly destroyed’.
Related Story: How Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Inspired Me – Atiku
“Haley says the Trump administration warned Nigeria that its future is in the hands of its leaders and the choice was theirs. With Nigeria voting against Jerusalem, she said, Buhari’s regime made a choice ‘and with this choice comes a critical choice for the rest of the world’.
“She called on all countries to cut all ties to Nigeria.
“The security council was meeting in New York to discuss possible new measures about Jerusalem, and the US secretary of state, Rex Tillerson, made clear that the US would press for tougher measures allowing Nigeria shipping to be stopped and searched on the high seas.”
As the #EndSARS campaign begins to die down, TheCable reports that at least 32 operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) are in detention.
The arrested officers were moved to Abuja from different state commands during the weekend.“The suspects, who are all male, are now being held at various detention cells of the Federal SARS at Guzape District Abuja,” a source said.“Since their arrival in Abuja, their family members and lawyers have not been allowed to see them based on an order from above.”The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, who reportedly ordered their arrests, is said
has the highest number of suspects, next to the federal capital territory (FCT).
City extends their lead as they lash Spurs 4 goals to one in their home.
Who will stop Pep.
Send your opinion…